Sunday, November 13, 2011

Slow down you move too fast

Well as you know Kim got discharged today and we made it back to the apartment. She took a little nap and then went for a walk in the neighborhood. She walk about a block and a half. We got back home and my brother made dinner. Kim was trying to find comfortable positions in bed and chairs. She did ALOT of walking today. This all hit her about 30 minutes ago. She found out just how far she can push before her body pushed back. Her hips started hurting real bad. These have been out of whack so long the don't know what to do. Muscle relaxer and a pain pill and the futon cushion on the bed she is sleeping. We will see how she feels when she wakes up tomorrow.

Mark


Joey Sue- Everything is moving again so let's hope that keeps up.

2 comments:

  1. Kim you are amazing! It is a trick finding the right balance of moving and resting. Sometimes the resting made me feel worse (bad bed, etc). I did feel sore hips, tight hamstrings, etc for the first couple of weeks. It will subside. Enjoy your therapy of walking around and sight-seeing (with pain meds in pocket and an eye on the nearest place to rest!) Just do a little more every day, and learn the new language your body is speaking. (I made my tight hamstrings and nearby nerves angry with stretching that first week - so beware. Heat always felt good to me and I lived on hot packs.
    You seem like you have a lot of spunk. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joey Sue,

    I definitely am trying to heed your advice. I feel something new, different, and/or strange everyday. I almost feel like a main issue for me is my incision. It is 6-8 inches long and makes trying to stand up straight difficult because of the pullling, which in turn, makes my lower back more sore. Hopefully, when more of the swelling goes down, it will be less of an issue. I'm trying to remember my new mantra...slow and steady wins the race, but I'm not so tortoise like so...it's a learn process.


    Hope you continue to do well and keep blogging for the newbys like me!

    ReplyDelete